Quarterly reports provide an update on what BRF is doing throughout the year to diversify and grow our economy. Our most recent issue and older issues are available below.
Current Report Highlights
- In April, BRF broke ground on the new $14.2 million Center for Molecular Imaging and Therapy (CMIT). Governor John Bel Edwards and Shreveport Mayor Adrian Perkins were on-hand at the groundbreaking to speak about the economic impact that the new CMIT will have on the state and the city.
- This spring, the Entrepreneurial Accelerator Program (EAP) expanded its Grand Prix student business model competitions to Centenary College and hosted the BPCC 2-Minute Drill in conjunction with the inaugural Air Show Innovation Showcase.
- EdVentures’ yearlong research internship program with LSU Health Shreveport was renamed the Bobbie Cates Hicks Science and Medicine Academic Research Training (SMART) program in honor of one of its primary benefactors.
- The Digital Media Institute at InterTech (DMII) launched its first degree-granting program in advertising design. The two-year associate degree will train students to be the multi-skill-set person today’s employers are looking for.
- Envision Research partnered with the YMCA of Northwest Louisiana and MLK Health Center & Pharmacy to spread awareness about the importance of clinical trials during Clinical Trials Day at the YMCA’s BHP Billiton location.
Sign up to join the BRF news list to get BRF news and updates delivered to your inbox.
Lend Your Support
BRF helps young companies and ideas, transforming them into prosperous entities that better the future of our region.
Diversify and grow our region’s economy.
Operate as a catalyst to expand and develop research, entrepreneurship and high-growth businesses in our region.
Innovation. Collaboration. Problem Solving. Bold Action.